Categories
ECO 561T Apply Week 4 Assignment
$10.00

ECO 561T Apply Week 4 Assignment

This Tutorial was purchased 3 times & rated A+ by student like you.

 

This Tutorial contains following Attachments

  • ECO 561T Apply Week 4 Assignment.docx

ECO 561T Apply Week 4 Assignment 1) The optimal amount of information to acquire before making a purchase is: 2) This graph illustrates the marginal costs and marginal benefits of acquiring information before making a major purchase. Suppose the marginal cost and marginal benefit curves were MC0 and MB0 several decades ago. However, because information about this product is now available online, the: 3) The free-rider problem occurs when: 4) Pat goes to the local electronics store to learn about high-end audio equipment. The salesperson spends an hour talking with Pat and demonstrating equipment. Pat then leaves and orders an audio system on the Internet for $250 less than the price at the store. Pat's behavior: 5) Obi-Wan is considering whether to buy a lightsaber. With probability 0.50 he will value the lightsaber at $4,000, and with probability 0.50 he will value it at $1,000. If new lightsabers sell for $2,500, then buying a new lightsaber is a: 6) Suppose Mo is considering whether to see Zombie Revenge III at her local movie theater. Tickets cost $12 each, but Mo isn’t sure how much she’s going to like the movie. There’s a 40 percent chance she’ll get $20 worth of enjoyment from seeing the movie, and there’s a 60 percent chance she’ll only get $10 worth of enjoyment from seeing the movie. Mo’s expected value of seeing the movie is: 7) Mel is thinking of going on a cruise. Mel values a cruise in nice weather at $2,000 and values a cruise in bad weather at $50. The probability of nice weather is 60 percent and the probability of bad weather is 40 percent. Trip insurance is sometimes available. If purchased, it allows travelers to delay the cruise until the weather is nice. If Mel is risk-neutral, then in the absence of trip insurance, the most she will be willing to pay for the cruise is: 8) Mel is thinking of going on a cruise. Mel values a cruise in nice weather at $2,000 and values a cruise in bad weather at $50. The probability of nice weather is 60 percent and the probability of bad weather is 40 percent. Trip insurance is sometimes available. If purchased, it allows travelers to delay the cruise until the weather is nice. The amount of money that Mel is willing to pay for trip insurance will be: 9) A gamble that offers a 1 percent chance of winning $699.93 and a 99 percent chance of losing $7.07 would be classified as a(n): 10) If a gamble has an expected value of $10, then one can predict that: 11) Suppose that the salary range for recent college graduates with a bachelor's degree in economics is $30,000 to $50,000, with 25 percent of jobs offering $30,000 per year, 50 percent offering $40,000 per year and 25 percent offering $50,000 per year and that in all other respects, the jobs are equally satisfying. Assume that in this market, a job offer remains open for only a short time so that continuing to search requires an applicant to reject any current job offer. The expected starting salary for a college graduate with a bachelor’s degree in economics is: 12) Suppose that the salary range for recent college graduates with a bachelor's degree in economics is $30,000 to $50,000, with 25 percent of jobs offering $30,000 per year, 50 percent offering $40,000 per year and 25 percent offering $50,000 per year and that in all other respects, the jobs are equally satisfying. Assume that in this market, a job offer remains open for only a short time so that continuing to search requires an applicant to reject any current job offer. Who will accept an offer of $30,000? 13) Alex, who is risk-neutral, is looking for a one-bedroom apartment to rent for the month of August while he’s on vacation in Seattle. All of the one-bedroom apartments in the neighborhood where he wants to stay are of equal quality, but 70 percent rent for $700 per month, 20 percent rent for $600 per month, and 10 percent rent for $500 per month. The first apartment Alex finds rents for $700 per month. Suppose Alex is risk-averse. If the cost to Alex of searching for another apartment is $40, then will he search for another apartment? 14) Suppose that there is not enough parking at an urban university. Sometimes students come to campus, spend a few minutes searching for a parking spot, and then decide that going to class isn't worth the effort of continuing to search for a parking spot, so they go home. Assume that all professors give midterm exams on the same day. You would expect the optimal amount of time spent searching for a parking spot on that day to _____ because ______. 15) There are two employers in Bucolic that hire people who do not have a high school degree: a grocery store and a hardware store. The grocery store pays $10 per hour and the hardware store pays $12 per hour. People who work at either store can work as many hours as they want at those wages. Assume that it takes two hours to interview for a job. Lee works at the grocery store, but would like to work at the hardware store. If Lee interviews at the hardware store, there is a 10 percent probability of being hired. Assume that Lee is risk-neutral. How many hours must Lee anticipate working at the hardware store to justify interviewing for the job? 16) In the market for labor, the demand function describes 17) Technological advances that increase the marginal product of labor will lead to: 18) Kyle works for a perfectly competitive firm where he receives a wage rate of $15. From this, one can infer that: 19) The general rule governing the hiring of workers is to: 20) In order to maximize its profits, a firm that hires workers in a perfectly competitive labor market will hire workers until the: 21) In a perfectly competitive labor market, if the value of marginal product of the last worker hired is $20 and the wage rate is $25, then the firm should: 22) To derive the labor demand curve for a particular market, one should ______for all the firms in the market. 23) Suppose it is observed that the equilibrium wage and employment level have both risen in a competitive labor market. One can infer that the: 24) In a competitive labor market, the equilibrium wage rate is determined by: 25) Suppose that this graph describes the current labor market for high school teachers: If the wage is w*, then: 26) Suppose that this graph describes the current labor market for high school teachers: Why might the supply curve in this market shift to the left? 27) Suppose that this graph describes the current labor market for high school teachers: Given an initial wage of w*, then immediately following a decrease in supply: 28) A reduction in workers' marginal productivity would result in: 29) A decrease in demand for a firm's output results in a(n): 30) Assume that the graph below describes the current labor market for nurses in a mid-sized city and that the labor market is perfectly competitive. If supply shifts from S0 to S1 and demand shifts from D0 to D1, then

Write a review

Order Id


Order Id will be kept Confidential
Your Name:


Your Review:
Rating:   A   B   C   D   F  

Enter the code in the box below:



Related Tutorials
$10.00

This Tutorial was purchased 3 times & rated A by student like you.

ECO 561T Apply Week 1 Assignment 1) For the fall semester, you had to pay a nonrefundable fee of $600 for your meal plan, which gives you up to 150 meals. If you eat 100 meals, your average cost for a meal is: 2) Refer to the accompanying table below. The marginal cost of the 4th unit of activit..
$10.00

This Tutorial was purchased 3 times & rated A+ by student like you.

ECO 561T Apply Week 2 Assignment 1) If the price elasticity of demand for pineapples is 0.75, then a 4 percent increase in the price of pineapples will lead to a: 2) Suppose the company that owns the vending machines on your campus has doubled the price of a can of soda. They then notice that th..
$10.00

This Tutorial was purchased 4 times & rated A by student like you.

ECO 561T Apply Week 3 Assignment 1) The essential feature that differentiates imperfectly competitive firms from perfectly competitive firms is that an imperfectly competitive firm: 2) If a firm faces a downward-sloping demand curve, then: 3) Given the demand curve it faces, if an imperfectly c..
$10.00

This Tutorial was purchased 5 times & rated A+ by student like you.

ECO 561T Apply Week 5 Assignment 1) The following graph is the production possibility curve for a three-person economy, with workers Janna, Drew, and Karl. The slope of the PPC between points X and Y is determined by _____ opportunity cost. 2) Sheila and Jim live in an island where they..
$10.00

This Tutorial was purchased 3 times & rated No rating by student like you.

ECO 561T Apply Week 6 Assignment 1) Average labor productivity times the proportion of the population employed equals: 2) ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬A nation's standard of living, as measured by real GDP per person, increases: 3) If average labor productivity increases, real GDP per person: 4) Suppose tha..
$5.00

This Tutorial was purchased 3 times & rated A by student like you.

ECO 561T Week 1 Video Question 1)The table below shows your total benefit measured in dollars from drinking different amounts of coffee each day.what’s your marginal benefit from a second cup of coffee? Number of cups of coffee per day Total benefit per day(in dollars) 0 0 1 5 2 9 3 12 4 14..
$6.00

This Tutorial was purchased 4 times & rated A+ by student like you.

ECO 561T Week 2 Practice Knowledge Check 1)If the price of textbooks increases by one percent and the quantity demanded falls by one-half percent, then the price elasticity of demand is equal to: 2)If 20 percent increase in the price of a good leads to a 60 percent decrease in the quantity dem..
$6.00

This Tutorial was purchased 3 times & rated No rating by student like you.

ECO 561T Week 3 Practice Knowledge Check 1)If people use the representative heuristic they assume that something is ___ likely to belong to a category the more it shares characteristics thought to be representative of membership in that category 2)The ______ heuristic is the rule of thumb t..
$6.00

This Tutorial was purchased 2 times & rated A+ by student like you.

ECO 561T Week 5 Practice Knowledge Check 1)An economy has two workers, Paula and Ricardo. Every day they work, Paula can produce 4 computers or 16 shirts, and Ricardo can produce 6 computers or 12 shirts. What is the opportunity cost for Ricardo to produce one computer? 2)An economy has two ..
$6.00

This Tutorial was purchased 2 times & rated A+ by student like you.

ECO 561T Week 6 Practice Knowledge Check 1)How is real output per person calculated? 2)Y/POP=Y/N xN/POP is an: 3)The most important factor for long run economic growth is: 4)If the share of the population employed is unchanged and real output per person increases by 20 percent,then it means th..
$3.00

This Tutorial was purchased 3 times & rated A by student like you.

ECO 561 Week 1 Discussion Decision Making and Buyer Behavior Post a total of 3 substantive responses over 2 separate days for full participation. This includes your initial post and 2 replies to other students. Due Monday Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words: • People may make ..
$3.00

This Tutorial was purchased 3 times & rated A+ by student like you.

ECO 561 Week 2 Discussion Competition and the Invisible Hand Post a total of 3 substantive responses over 2 separate days for full participation. This includes your initial post and 2 replies to other students. Due Thursday Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words: • Read the follow..
$3.00

This Tutorial was purchased 2 times & rated No rating by student like you.

ECO 561 Week 3 Discussion Explaining the Imperfections Post a total of 3 substantive responses over 2 separate days for full participation. This includes your initial post and 2 replies to other students. Due Thursday Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words: • Explain why monopol..
$3.00

This Tutorial was purchased 3 times & rated A by student like you.

ECO 561 Week 4 Discussion Income Distribution and Labor Markets Post a total of 3 substantive responses over 2 separate days for full participation. This includes your initial post and 2 replies to other students. Due Thursday Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words: • Discuss at l..
$3.00

This Tutorial was purchased 3 times & rated B+ by student like you.

ECO 561 Week 5 Discussion Money Multiplier Post a total of 3 substantive responses over 2 separate days for full participation. This includes your initial post and 2 replies to other students. Due Thursday Watch the Money Multiplier: Money Multiplier Transcript Respond to the following in a min..
$3.00

This Tutorial was purchased 2 times & rated A+ by student like you.

ECO 561 Week 5 Discussion Open Economy Activities Post a total of 3 substantive responses over 2 separate days for full participation. This includes your initial post and 2 replies to other students. Due Thursday One standard that corporations use to evaluate their performance against their co..
$3.00

This Tutorial was purchased 7 times & rated No rating by student like you.

Apply: Think Like an Economist Assignment Instructions The accompanying table shows how total donations, average donations, total labor costs and average labor costs vary depending on the number of employees State U hires for its fundraising activities. Complete the following: • Calculate the tot..
$3.00

This Tutorial was purchased 3 times & rated A+ by student like you.

ECO 561 Week 6 Discussion System Dynamics Post a total of 3 substantive responses over 2 separate days for full participation. This includes your initial post and 2 replies to other students. Due Thursday Watch “System Dynamics” from the University Library. Respond to the following in a minimum..
$3.00

This Tutorial was purchased 2 times & rated A by student like you.

ECO 561 Week 6 Discussion Economic Growth and Capital Flow Post a total of 3 substantive responses over 2 separate days for full participation. This includes your initial post and 2 replies to other students. Due Thursday Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words: • Discuss the follo..
$50.00

This Tutorial was purchased 4 times & rated A+ by student like you.

ECO 561 Week 1 Discussion Decision Making and Buyer Behavior ECO 561 Week 2 Discussion Competition and the Invisible Hand ECO 561 Week 3 Discussion Explaining the Imperfections ECO 561 Week 4 Discussion Income Distribution and Labor Markets ECO 561 Week 5 Discussion Money Multip..
ECO 561 © 2020 All Rights Reserved.Powered by:Ash Tutorial